Pasture Raised Chicken
Our pastured free range chicken is flavorful and juicy, naturally 90% fat-free, and high in in omega-3 essential fatty acids, vitamin E, beta carotene, and conjugated linoleic acid (CLAs).
Our chickens roam free in a special protected pasture from the time they’re a few weeks old, and enjoy a varied diet combining grass, alfalfa, clover and bugs from the pasture in combination with an organic feed mix.
Herondale Farm Chickens
For more information:
- Fundamentals of Holistic Management
- About Pasture-based Farming
- Information on Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids
- Synopsis of University of Wisconsin study on CLAs
- American GrazingLands Services LLC