Naturally Pasture Raised Pork
Pasture Raised pork is higher quality, healthier, tender and delicious. It’s naturally lower in fat and higher in omega-3 essential fatty acids, vitamin E, beta carotene, and conjugated linoleic acid (CLAs).
Our pigs enjoy a varied diet combining grass, alfalfa, clover and bugs from the pastures in combination with an organic feed mix. The pigs spend a great deal of their time outside in the fresh air, and are free to root and graze. They’re only inside for shelter from the elements, or whenever they choose. Of course, they’re raised without the use of sub-therapeutic antibiotics or artificial growth hormones.
Herondale Farm Pigs
For more information:
- Hilltown Pork (Our Renderer)
- Fundamentals of Holistic Management
- About Pasture-based Farming
- Information on Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids
- Synopsis of University of Wisconsin study on CLAs
- American GrazingLands Services LLC